BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pre-patinated plastic glass block w/ coin slots <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:36:45 -0400
The Preservation Trades Network has considerably revamped the PTN
website around a core of an online community bulletin board that is open
to EVERYONE who wants to participate. You DO NOT need to be a member of
PTN in order to use the bulletin board. This effort has been spearheaded
by Rudy (our very own) and Carson Christian, who are currently the web
gurus for PTN.

http://www.ptn.org/

In the past there has been a great deal of discussion re: signal:noise
ratio on BP. The advantage of an online community bulletin board is that
we can choose when we want to interact, where, for what reasons, and
with whom.

In this regard I encourage EVERYONE currently using BP to sign up for
the PTN Forums, in particular the SPEAK EASY. *I'm not going to shut
down or ignore BP, but I am going to go over to the SPEAK EASY and wait
for you all to show up.* The hope/strategy/plan or whatever is that by
building a less daunting, less in-your-face means of sustaining virtual
community than a listserv that there would be an opportunity for a more
widely dispersed involvement of a diversity of individuals in the community.
Oh, by the way, you can probably do pictures there as the interface is
web browser based.

Join me,
][<en