BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Easy bent lead pipe.
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 07:28:58 -0500
Ralph has no imagination when it comes to sin.

Glass block has become quite popular with the vinyl siding set.  I've
been noticing a few examples of glass block used as windows on vinyl
sided houses...on the second floor...master bathroom I suppose.  Brings
me back to a valuable lesson I learned in school, forgot, relearned
from a Pennsyltuckie archeeeetick.

GRAVITY

Heavy stuff (masonry and masonry imitations) go at the bottom, light
stuff (wood, canvas, and imitations) go above.  Even if these things
are all imitations, there's something very disconcerting about walking
through an opening where a couple of sticks appear to be holding up a
couple tons of stone...and its not even arched!

This country needs more art teachers and shop teachers.  That'll but an
end to this nonsense!

-jc