BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Easy bent lead pipe.
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:14:34 -0500
You cannot base the costs on a word and no one is well served by doing
so.  Preservation can be the least expensive approach, because it
creates nothing new, but rather performs maintenance on what is.
Restoration can be more expensive, because so often it is a "make-over"
with varying amounts of substance and flash.  Doing it right has no
relationship to cost at all.  Doing it right can be the five-dollar
phone call and a $10.00 repair, when doing it wrong is a 50k, remodel.

One should never allow the 100K budget blind one to the 100 dollar
solution.

But then, I'm not as hardened as I will be.

-jc