Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:24:38 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2004 7:11:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

How  unfortunate that TIME magazine got this so wrong --  celiac disease is
not an allergy.

I can't believe the 'expert' from Iowa would have  permitted such an
inaccurate description.

It is disappointing, but I think the main issue here is to be happy that  a
magazine as widely circulated as TIME would have an article about Celiac
Disease.  There was a mistake in the article, however I think the bottom  line is
that this is good news- Celiac Disease is getting more and more  publicity.

I wrote a letter to the editor thanking him for the article and  correcting
the mistake, but making sure the letter was mainly in appreciation  for writing
the article in the first place.  I think that is the best way  to go- to look
at the positive side and encourage the publicity of  Celiac Disease.  Nasty
letters will just make matters  worse.

~Eleis

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040719-662760,00.html?
cnn=yes