From:
Suzanne Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:41:49 -0700

Hi All,

First, thank you very much to those who responded to my original e-mail
asking others about their experiences with the Beaches Resorts in Jamaica.
3 people responded that they had stayed at Beaches/Sandals in Turks & Caicos
and Jamaica.  All 3 had great experiences.  One person had stayed at another
resort--the Jamaica Inn & had a bad experience.

We just got back and had an incredible time.  I highly recommend this
company for those with CD.  They couldn't have been more accomodating.  The
executive chef and the food service manager came to the beginning of each
meal 3 times a day & asked my 9 year old daughter what she would like to eat
and they made it for her.  They were unsure of the source of the ingredients
in their brand of hot dogs so they went to town & bought a brand she could
eat.  The bartenders made her smoothies with fresh fruit every day.  Later
on in the trip when I realized that she could have orange juice in her
smoothies, I forgot to tell the bartenders & when she went by herself &
ordered it with juice, they called me over to make sure it was ok if they
added it.

I knew that certain foods would be very difficult for them to provide so I
brought the following items with me and gave them to the chef who stored
them in a special place in their refrigerator for her:

1.  Dry pancake mix in a large ziplock with instructions to add eggs, oil &
water.  The dry vanilla powder from Authentic Foods was great for traveling.
The pancake mix was a recipe from someone on this list who submitted it
about a year ago & is the best recipe I have ever tried.   She had large,
fluffy pancakes every day.
2.  Pasta
3.  Bread
4.  Muffins
5.  Fully cooked pizza that they just reheated
5.  Hamburger & hot dog buns
6.  Cake
7.  Cookies

All inclusive resorts offer so many different desserts for lunch & dinner
that I am especially glad that she had the cake & cookies.  Our particular
resort in the Beaches chain worked particularly well for us because it is
the smallest & therefore more homey.  Because it is the smallest it is also
the cheapest which was helpful.  Howvever, we were not lacking for anything
because they had every conceivable water sport available and plenty of
entertainment.  You could go down to their big resort next door if you
wanted to where there is a water park and banana boat rides.  I was so busy
doing all their activities I never picked up a book!

And the usual final remark, I have no connections with Beaches, our
neighbors had gone 2 years ago and that's how we found out about it.  Feel
free to e-mail me if you need any more info.

Suzanne Weintraub