From:
Susan Crunkleton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Crunkleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 11:08:51 -0700

I had several responses from those who are also planning a trip to South Padre Island this summer and wanted to see a summary on this topic.  Hope this helps...

1.  One person stated that she had just returned from the area... had rented a condo and did most of her cooking.  She did go out one night to Blackbeard's (on the strip) and ordered mahi-mahi without the glaze.  They grilled it up with spices especially to meet her needs.  She had a baked potato and a salad (brought her own dressing).  "It was delicious."

2.  Someone else wrote in and said they had been in South Padre and had dined at the Hilton twice.  She stated that the staff worked with her in trying to determine what was safe.  She had grilled chicken quesadillas, without marinade, on corn tortillas.  This person stated that she had posted a summary on other restaurants in this area, but I didn't have any success in finding it when I ran a search on it.  If anyone does find the information, please post it because there are several people interested in this topic.

3.  "Watch out in Mexican restaurants... they mix wheat and corn chips !!!"

4.  Another person ate at Outback Steakhouse.  The staff was not familiar with the gf menu.. she brought a copy to the restaurant with her.

Hope you find this helpful, and should I receive any more responses I'll be sure to post them.   Thanks for everyone's help!

Susan