From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 07:18:29 -1000
In my opinion, you will see major change to a now drive from a 5 year
old drive. I would make the new drive my main drive and slave the old. I
would transfer the old drive info. to the new drive. There are many ways
to transfer info. that have been talked about here on this list. Like I
did I searched the Software list for information. You can find the
search area by going to freepctech.com and do you searching work in the
software archives.

Chuck Narrow wrote:

>I have an existing 10gb hard drive and need to upgrate. I bought a 40gb
>WD hard drive and would like to make it a slave to the 10gb hd.  I do not
>want the hassle of having to move all of my existing programs, data  etc
>to the larger drive for fear of loosing someting I negleted to move.  Is
>it a problem doing this? The transfer speed of the 40gb hd is 7200 and
>I'm sure the 5 year old 10gb hd is slower.  Does it really matter?  Do
>you have any suggestions about this that might ease the pain of this
>installation? Thanks. chuck Narrow

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com