ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:04:10 -0600
This afternoon (meaning yesterday) I had occasion to be downtown on a couple
of errands.  Having gotten very warm standing in the sun waiting for a bus I
was in need of something to drink as I had forgotten my bottled water.  so I
went in to MacDonalds.  An extra plus is that they have clean rest rooms.  I
have found this MacDonalds to be a good stopping off place on other
occasions, especially in route from work to school.  I noted the music over
the intercom system was unmistakably K-love, contemporary Christian radio.
I remembered this happening once before last Fall, only I thought it was
just probably a fluke or something.  Nobody could get away with having a
Christian radio station proclaiming the gospel on a regular basis in a busy
highly trafficked downtown location with a strange mix of the business world
and the non-business homeless population occupying practically the same
space at the same time.  But the witness was nevertheless being broadcast,
with clarity and without apology or contest.  There is another MacDonalds a
few blocks east.  Though they are positioned where their slightly higher
prices can be paid by their clientele without noticing the difference, being
in a more upscale area, I don't recall their business booming as much as the
MacDonalds on the lower end of town.  Could it be that this MacDonalds is
blessed with brisk business because of the proclamation of the gospel in the
air space of their establishment?  Pray that ears are opened to hear not
just the music but the content of the music and the words of the
broadcasters.  That hearts will be touche, and people will accept the Lord,
even in such an unlikely place.

I also had an extra blessing because Phil and Sandy's daughter, Gretchen,
was also downtown and we crossed paths.  I would not have recognized her
voice as she is so different now because of what the Lord has done in her
life.  Seeing her was a tremendous encouragement.

Vicki