BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:47:19 -0500
1989

Florence

We were just coming from the train/bus station into the first church square (the one with the unfinished façade, but I can't remember the name) and beginning a 7-day incredible visit to the city.  Splat!  Front of my white shirt, just missing my head.  Yech!

Memorable, but I got over it and enjoyed my visit.  I never feed them things, tho', except in St. Mark's Square, Venice, when my two boys, then 7 and 11, did their version of the Coca Cola poster.  The 7-year old ran around like a mad chicken while the 11-year old put bird seed in the shape of a "J" for their names.  I took slides back then, no jpgs, and captured the moment.  Very funny!

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104
www.quinnevans.com
v 734.663.5888
f 734.663.5044

Date:    Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:09:14 EST
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: it's very quiet @ BP World...SPLAT!

-------------------------------1078369754

In a message dated 3/3/2004 9:46:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
I was hit by birdshit in Oshkosh.

-jc

On Mar 3, 2004, at 8:19 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> In a message dated 3/3/2004 5:15:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> I bought a descented skunk in Hackensack once.  Ruth I was hit by
> birdshit in Hackensack. You won.

John,

The guy I was with when I was hit (on the nose, as it happened) by birdshit is a lawyer and friend of mine, who tried to convince me that this was good luck. I didn't see (or feel) it that way.

At the time we were on our way to an arbitration meeting, which his/our client ultimately won.  Upon further reflection, it seems to me that if indeed it's good luck to get hit by birdshit, it's good luck for somebody else.

Anybody else been beach-bombed and lived to lift the tail?

Ralph