BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:06:53 -0600
Interesting.  We really don't spend much time on comparisons or
evaluations of the work of various preservation agencies and
organizations.  They all have flaws and strengths.  They are all easier
to admire or despise from a distance.  They are all made up of people
who are likable or not for more reasons than professional ability
alone.

Generally heat is reserved for stupidity and arrogance.

New Yorkers generate a lot of heat.  But its accidental, they don't
know any better.  And because there are so damned many of them, they
hardly notice the squeeks of protest coming from the far corners.

If I hesitate to criticize NPS, or Parks Canada, it may be that I am
always a little mindful of the warning in some work of literature about
what happens if you start tearing down laws to get at the devil and
find yourself facing the devil without the protection of those laws.

-jc