BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:10:59 -0800
For that glowing report I'll see if I can't dig up one old screwdriver from
the collection to send you on the "traditional gift giving day," which I
understand coincides with the anniversary of your coming into this world.
Ruth

At 11:38 AM -0500 11/16/03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 11/16/2003 9:30:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Yup.  It is reasonable to line up front and rear doors, and it is
reasonable to not line up doors.  How can both be true, John? Feng Shui
makes it simple and gives out simple rules for those who don't want to do
work necessary to determine what is reasonable in a specific
instance. Yeah, but it intentionally leads those foolish enough to
believe in it that the simple rules are applicable to conditions under
which these "rules" are invalid.  It's no different from witchcraft,
phrenology (sorry, Orson Squire Fowler), The Octagon House (sorry, Orson
Squire Fowler), necromancy, necrophilia, feelings, racial hygiene, ouija
boards, telepathy, and all those other bullshit "studies" that used to be
considered science in benighted ages past and present. But rest assured
that if your doors are shut, it doesn't matter how many you have or where
they are located, shit tends to stay put until acted upon by people...which
may also be how shit multiplies. Now THAT's a valid rule.

Your son is a barbarian.  You should send him to archtecture school
right away. From what Ruth has said here, it seems to me that her son would
do much better sticking by her side than getting his head filled with shit
at some architecture school.  But perhaps he does need to get far enough
away so that he can develop sufficient perspective to see that his mom is
one sharp cookie.

Ralph

--
Ruth Barton