From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:28:22 +0100
> >   Have you ever noticed how many "dieticians" are overweight?  In
> > college,  I took a nutrition course.  The professor and the assistant
were
> > both obviously overweight- made me kind of wonder if they knew what they
> > were talking about.
That is very common here in Sweden - at least if the dietician is more
towards middle age rather than young. Some of the most media hype doctors in
this field are fat too - not obese but certainly over 25 BMI. Since we are
getting more and more used to seeing over weight people I think we accept
quite a lot of people as being normal weight when they are in fact over
weight.

> Have people in other countries been exposed/subjected to similar food
> pyramids?  Are schools, prisons, state run nursing homes, etc. forced to
> abide by a pyramid diet anywhere else?
Oh yes, they look the same here and all the diet people screem: You must eat
more full corn bread, pasta and potatoes. No fat, especially no animal fat.
Everything we know tells us to eat like this. So I ask for one study that
proves this is good for us. Do I get one? No, just different faces!
Eva