From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:37:55 +0100
Amadeus Schmidt-Philipp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
"Your answer shows what most people think in this world: it's just
"normal" to eat meat."
On this list most people think that it is not only normal, but natural, wheras vegetarianism is not.

"Not to think, because after thinking over what this *is*, meat, a part of a living beeing --- if people start to think about it , then most I know - hesitate: "What, eyes? I would never eat eyes"
Just bring me a plate of those nourishing calves' feet! Oh, and by the way: they're not parts of living beings, but DEAD beings.

"In fact most people I know would never eat what they recognise as part
of an animal - but are feeling very well when eating just a rectangular piece of pink nutritious unrecognisable animal leg."
But then again, most people in the modern urban West seem to be squeamish, sissy poofters who've seen "Bambi" too many times!

"If a child would "eat" mothers milk to the age of 8 or so"
Find me a mother that lactates that long!

"Now, you have a small baby you give it the food *you* eat and like. Then
somebody asks: "Is is fair to force your personal decision to eat xyz on a child?" It just implies or reveals that he or she who sais it thinks that
xyz wouldn't be good for the baby. Nothing more."
Uh, but that's just it: it's not a question of like, it's a question of what we're made for.

"And then one out of a billion - vegan parents have a malnourished baby. Everybody cries out. What about all the other malnourished babies?"
But it's not one in a billion, since we've had several cases world-wide, and I doubt we have two billion vegan parents. The thing is exactly like what you wrote about religion: the vegan parents withhold the nourishing food out of religion-like fanatism, whereas most malnourishment in the world stems from parents not even being ABLE to feed their children properly.
Nighty-night!
EF

Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor