From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:49:51 -0500
I'm wondering if food intake had something to do with the fat gain.  The
exercisers were instructed to maintain the same diet as before the exercise
regime was commenced -- but how do they know the exercisers did this?  I
understand some people do not get hungrier from exercise -- but plenty
do.   Also, there is the psycological thing going on where an exerciser may
eat a normally forbidden goody and justify it by thinking they've "worked
it off."  I just cannot believe that with a strictly controlled diet (not
just instructing overweight exercisers to eat as they always have),
overweight women who commence exercise along with the diet would gain fat.
I just do not believe it and I don't think the studies done are
convincing.  Too many unknown variables.  Most overweight people lie to
themselves all the time about what and how much they eat. I witnessed it
first hand coming from a family with lots of obesity.