ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:29:09 -0500
Well? Never heard that rule being a leisure canoer and not a white water
one or one you camp from and might carry supplies and etc. , but it makes
sense if tied short and I'll likely do that. We lost a fishing pole and a
tackle box and the most of my son's tackle from his box... I suppose it
would be difficult to tie them down and actually use them ahahha. I should
have locked my tackle box and perhaps it would have not taken water and
floated as well.   This lake was like glass and not a big one. I'm not much
for scuba diving, feeling around on bottoms of lakes lol. Usually when my
wife and I go canoeing we don't have much aboard but it sure makes one
think now to make sure things are tied down and in floatable containers. A
canoe is much to narrow to enjoy fishing  for hours on end, I'll be
checking out small john boats to see what I can pick up. These small remote
lakes are great for fish cause no one much fishes them let alone know about
them other than the people living on them. I'm just hoping now my trolling
motor still works. I'll let it dry out for a time and give it a whirl.

Brad

Brad

Phil Scovell wrote:
>Brad,
>
>thanks for letting me use the story.  It is a good one.  I only have one
>question.  I thought the rule was, whenever using a canoe, everything was to
>be tied down, or at least together, those things that float to those things
>that won't in case the craft capsizes.  I've never been in a canoe for
>fishing, or any other time for that matter, but I had a friend and his dad
>who went river canoeing in the Missouri River when I lived in Omaha.  They
>were members of the same church I grew up in.  that Sunday, during the youth
>group Sunday school meeting, that is, waiting for it to begin, the son told
>his story of how they capsized in the river.  Another kid said, did you have
>everything tied down to the inside of the canoe so you wouldn't lose
>anything?  He said, no, we lost everything.  Fortunately their was a big
>river barge nearby and the crew was able to get them and their canoe on
>board safely but all gear was lost.  Brad, mark the spot.  Next time, you
>and your son can go scuba diving together to retrieve what was lost.
>
>Phil.

Brad

   All computers are frozen at the same speed