BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:55:48 -0500
Ruth Barton wrote:

>As I said she should have studied something useful, like nutrition.
>Nutritionists are always in demand.  Ruth

Ruth,

I remember one time going to an early party at Brooklyn Brewery, when
they had just opened their digs, and meeting several local groovy artist
types. I was introduced to one young woman and told she would be the
next great singer and that I should pay attention to her name. The
person introducing her was a painter, of what I'm not sure. I told
everyone that I met that I was the contractor from around the corner.
The guy that was playing lead guitar in the band that night had tried
recently to swoon me with the grandeur of his stonework, looking for a
job, and here he was the BAND LEADER and stoned out of his gourd. Not
that I have anything against that. Eventually I found out what these
folks did for a real living, the singer a waitress and the painter a
carpenter of sorts. I remember years and years ago a friend of mine a
painter who really did make it big time in the major leagues I told him
I was perplexed between writing and stonework. His response was that
possibly I was meant to do stonework, since I could do that or write,
because for him he was a complete failure at anything but painting. I
believe to have a choice in what we do with ourselves as a career is
something of an indulgence. It is quite likely that she could not ever
be a nutritionist.

For those w/ broadband and my friends who are slow readers you can now
get an audio reading off my website at www.orgrease.org
<http://www.orgrease.org/>
I'm still working on the Podcasting venture.

And, Kathy now has a blog for children's stories at Granny Kathy's
Journal <http://www.livejournal.com/users/granny_kathy/>. It is meant to
be read by children... so if you know any children besides yourself then
please share.

][<