BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 08:29:11 -0500
Ilene,

A little further south, southern Connecticut, or even Long Island
depending on your need for precision and your definition of native son.
  But I did live and teach and garden and fish and and cut fire wood and
shovel snow and X-Country Ski and such for several years in Maine.
That miniscule amount of time however won't even separate you from them
annoying tourists, where we were, up around Augusta.

  Unless you've got me confused with John Leeke, but he's native to
Nebraska and is only passing through Maine, not that I mind being
confused with a handsome devil like that.  In fact, I find it
flattering to be confused with a guy who knows how to build stuff and
fix stuff with his own hands and tools.

But I'm looking forward to seeing you, and John and hopefully plenty of
other folks who don't think this is such an odd way to spend our time.

I haven't been back to Maine since I left in November of '80 on my way
to start my career as a "nontraditional" student at UW-Milwaukee.
(Less kind or pc folks referred to me and my ilk as "vocational
retreads".)  I was a very different person.  It will be like seeing
Portland for the first time.  It'll be fun to see it through new
eyes...yours and mine!

-jc