BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 14:19:41 -0500
This is not one of my favorite expressions, precisely because of the
ambiguity.  I like to be direct.

Go away is the way it seems to be used most often and most directly,
when used as a command or a verb.

However, to describe someone as a "fuck off" would indicate that the
recipient had few talents other than pleasing himself.

To command a fuck off to fuck off is probably unavoidable...and
probably results in confusion.

Personally, I prefer a clear and unmistakable presentation of the
center digit.  It says everything that needs to be said and is rarely
misinterpreted.  Think how much discussion and commentary could have
been avoided if Cheney had availed himself of this jesture.

I wonder what American Sign Language has to contribute to this
conversation?

-jc