Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:56:51 -0800

Here's a recipe that Sue Foss & I brained stormed together.  My family
normally doesn't even like sausage, but this is a BIG HIT!

3 pounds ground pork (with no additives)
1 1/2  teaspoons ground sage
2 teaspoons sea salt (if you use regular salt, increase by 1/2 teaspoon)
fresh ground black pepper (probably 1/4 teaspoon or less -- I didn't
measure)
1 - 3 Tablespoons olive oil (only needed if pork is very lean)

Shape into patties 3/4" thick by 3 1/2 " in diameter.  Cook with a small
amount (about 1  or 2 tablespoons) of water on medium high in a covered
skillet 5 minutes.  Remove lid, turn heat to high and cook 1 to 1 1/2
minutes longer turning as needed to evenly brown both sides and evaporate
extra water.  Serve with grits, eggs and fresh fruit.  (One of my son
cooks his in an open dry skillet on low heat for about 10 minutes.  He
likes his drier & crispier.)

Raw patties can be spread out on a cookie sheet, individually frozen then
stored in a gallon size freezer bag.  Just take out what you need for
breakfast.  They don't need to be thawed before put in the skillet, just
cook a little longer when covered.

I haven't tried it, but I'm sure this could be made with ground turkey,
chicken or a combination.

Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!