Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:52:59 -0700
Well it is most likely dead. But you could:
1. Remove it in the control panel and let it reinstall on Boot.
      2.Clean the laser with one of those kits.
3.Try it in another computer and see if it works.
I don't know if there is much you can do if it is broken as the price is so
low now it's hard to justify much effort to repair.

KevPro Computer Services
Kevin Brown
480-214-0144
http://kevpro.com

Hi All,
I've run into a problem w/ my cdrw.  I'm running Win2k.
Control panel shows it to be working properly with no conflicts.
When I insert a cd (to read) the LED displays 3 long blinks,
then short blinks till you remove the cd, and it never spins up.

Anybody point me where to start to diagnose/fix this??

Thanks!!!

Cal Peters
Grandville, MI

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: