From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2004 10:43:17 -0700
On Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 06:22 US/Pacific, Jerry Stegenga wrote:

> If we were never meant to eat any other way but Paleo and our eating
> habits
> become the cause of illness, then IMO eliminating the cause is the
> same as
> being healed. No?
>
> No.  You still have the illness and as soon as you eat other ways than
> Paleo
> it will come back.  JerrySteg

This is an immaterial distinction. I don't see anything unhealthy about
having a sensitivity to destructive influences. All it proves is how
poor an environment we can tolerate - does this prove anything about
our fitness?

I am not aware of a particular problem for me, for instance, with
nightshades. But knowing that other humans do leads me to believe I
should avoid them. I see people succumbing to cancers, diabetes,
obesity, etc all around me. Do I think they were somehow all
genetically flawed to have been so susceptible? Or do I recognize all
the insults to which they had subjected themselves and say, "well, of
course"? I'm not interested in getting away with treating myself
poorly, but this doesn't mean I consider myself more than usually
vulnerable to insult, and I don't believe anyone who can turn himself
around to become symptom-free is in any way still "ill". I look upon
predispositions as clues; in my own field of study, we all carry
inherited weaknesses, and the symptoms which allopathic medicine calls
"disease" are signs of what needs to be addressed. Disease is a
continuum, and those who can turn it around with diet changes are the
perfect demonstration of that - not permanently impaired or branded.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!