From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:39:24 -0500
Jay Banks wrote:

 >* In 1973, Prince Mohammed Ameen Khan, son of the Mir of Hunza, told Charles
 >Hillinger of the Los Angeles Times that the average life expectancy of his
 >people is about eighty-five years.

And just what sort of records do they keep? I bet that is his estimate of
the age that the old people around him die at. I doubt he calculated in the
deaths in infancy. Or the people that died of accidents along the way.

 >*  This is in puzzling contrast to the United States where, at that time,
 >life expectancy was about seventy-one years. Even now, more than two decades
 >later, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. is only about seventy-six.

Yes, life expectancy. That is from birth. Included in the average are those
that die young.

The numbers are not comparable.

Don.