From:
Molly Kate McGinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:42:17 -0800
I've been watching the blood type ideas as they circulate and recirculate for many
years now, and it never fails to amaze me. This A-positive blood type has never had
any trouble with beef... possibly because I was raised on our own grassfed steers.
When I read the O type descriptions, I used to actually haul out my blood donor
card and stare at the A positive in disbelief, because it sounded like what I have
always gravitated to even as a tiny tot.

I do like lemon juice and ginger, especially as I age (I'm now 51) but I think there
must be just a little more to it, considering how complex genetics are.

The Blood Type breakdowns seem rather like the primitive genetic notions that led
my (darkhaired and brown-eyed like both our parents) brother and I to reduce our
3rd sib to tears quite frequently telling him he must be adopted - he is blond and
blue eyed. That was 40 years ago, but it stays in my mind as an Awful Warning
against over simplification of anything biological. It wasn't until I was nearly 30 that I
found out he is the *spitting* image of our long dead paternal grandfather. And that
just made the lesson all the deeper.

with great interest

Molly

On 9 Feb 2004 at 23:31, Thomas Dekany wrote:

I am not here to tell anyone how they should eat, but As don't produce
high enough HCL to break down red meat. Chicken, turkey, fish, however
is ok to eat. Use lemon juice and or ginger with your meals ( both help
As to produce more HCL)

Red meat simply rots in our stomachs. (type As).

Remember that no diet is perfect - especially the ones that follow the
"one shoe fits all" theory.

O blood type strives on a high protein diet, but equally important is to
consume enough green leafy veggies. Otherwise all the protein will make
you too acidic.