From:
Neil Abrahams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 05:01:42 -0800
For those of us not willing to entirely give up rice, such as myself,
I'd like to know of research-based (that I can at least read summary or
summaries of) reasons why white rice is better than brown rice, if
that's the case.  I'd much prefer brown rice, as that provides more
fiber, but will eat less brown than I otherwise would if that seems wise
for other reasons.  Also, it appears that rice is probably less
unhealthful than wheat.  Think so, and what about buckwheat and millet?

I appreciate your help.  (I have asked Dr. Cordain a detailed question
regarding what bread to eat, if one is going to eat some bread, and was
simply referred to the "Cereal Grains ..." article on the "PaleoDiet"
website, which I've read.  As far as I could tell, that article doesn't
provide an answer to my questions regarding choosing amongst cooked
grains and breads.

Thanks,
Neil
Portland, OR USA