NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karin McDonough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:54:31 -0800
Cathy Cralle Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Angela Bulawski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > My husband is casein intolerant and was recently given samples of
> > Singulair. Singulair, however does contain lactose monohydrate in
> > it...Lactose isn't a problem for him, but what I'm trying to find out is
> > if he might react to lactose monohydrate.
>
> The smaller (4mg?) chewable version does not have any milk products and that
> what I insist on for my very casein allergic (anaphylactic) child.

I am very casein allergic (anaphylaxis) adult and I've been taking Singulair
for a few years with no side effects.  Lactose doesn't bother me.  Singulair is
great!  My asthma is under control (as long as I don't suffer anaphylaxis) and
I'm using no inhalers.

Karin McDonough

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com