BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:54:17 -0800
I thought all you really smart guys had a computer program that did all
that drawing for you, like the auto engineers do.  Those programs are so
cool.  Ruth

At 12:36 PM -0500 2/4/04, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 2/4/2004 12:04:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I still don't know what it is really but I don't think I need to either.
It sounds like it either measures clouds, sea waves or anything with height
to it.  Ruth

Ruth,

It's extremely accurate (or supposedly extremely accurate) photography,
generally used for making cheap(er, but more accurate) representations of
buildings than is possible by measuring and drawing them.  It saves
measuring and drawing every window and nailhead by photographing them and
printing them at a usable scale without the distortion resulting from
perspective.

Is that a reasonable characterization, guys (and geyes, like Pam)?  Feel
free to correct me mercilessly.  Not that anything would stop you,
especially Chrif who probably thinks photogrammetry leaves stains on
limestone.

Ralph

Ralph

--