From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:00:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/15/2004 9:43:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

It is an  awesome result for a 60 year old.

My wife is 75 and I am 76. She is not diabetic and her BG is always in the
low 70's when I test her. I am a type 2 diabetic (40 years) and my BG's usually
 below 90, of course I use insulin to achieve this.
I have been a student of human nutrition for some 20 years and it has been
my findings that a "normal" healthy human would have a fasting reading in  the
70's and should rarely go above 100 IF they are eating properly. That means  a
PALEO type diet. When they are on a SAD their BG readings can go as high as
150. I have arrived at these conclusions by measuring my friends and family's
BG  before and after meals whenever possible.
You have to remember that the data published on normal BG readings is based
on the average public who are on the SAD so the readings are elevated from
what  they really should be.      JerrySteg