From:
"Kristina K. Carlton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:49:37 -0500
I supposedly have burned out adrenal glands due to almost a year or more of
quite a bit of stress. A pharmacist at a local compounding pharmacy
suggested some supplements but she also told me to cut my cardio in half.
Her argument is that as soon as I raise my heart rate to my fat burning
levels, I will be producing adrenalin because I have not cortisol to give.
This in turn causes more fat storage because it signals danger or a famine
to the body. My current exercise level was weight lifing 3 X per week (heavy
weight low rep) followed by a 30-40 minute cardio and Pilates followed by a
45 to 55 minute cardio 3 X per week. So essentially I was doing 6 cardios
per week ranging anywhere form 30 to 55 minutes. My carb intake is
relatively low since I don't eat fruit and hardly ever nibble on nuts.

While her theory makes sense to me I am also worried about gaining
weight/fat if I cut back. Any thoughts?