From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:54:49 -0400

It sounds like you are already doing many of the things I would try to bring
down blood pressure Andrea.  In the not so distant past, my blood pressure
was abit high (140 over 95 at the highest) and losing 20lbs brought it down
to 125 over 75.  I know this is not nearly as high as yours, but if you are
carrying a few extra pounds, this may be something to try.  Most of the
herbal 'remedies' seemed to have a fairly minor effect on bp for me.

I don't know how much you have researched blood pressure, but from some
university classes and research I did when my blood pressure was high, I
found out a few things --  The most common form of high blood pressure is
known as 'essential hypertension' effecting around three-quarters of those
with high blood pressure.  The funny thing is, 'essential hypertension' has
no known cause. (guess you gotta call it something :)) Of course SOMETHING
is causing it, but it is yet to be determined and no doubt this large group
contains many different causes.  I think it is this group that most often
responds well to losing weight, stress reduction, herbal preparations, diet
and the like.  The remaining quarter of high blood pressure cases have known
causes, including kidney disease like renalvascular hypertension.  It could
be your hypertension is of a known type and afaik, it is only treatable by
taking prescription medications.  Personally, I really don't like
medications but your case may warrant it.

Good luck!

  Wade