From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:44:38 +0100
On Jul 21, 2004, at 11:27 am, Kristina Carlton wrote:
>> You should consider
>> the real differences between stuff you would wash and the organically
>> raised things. A bit of the right stuff is better than all you can eat
>> of junk.
>
>> ginny
>

> I totally agree and believe me, I would MUCH rather buy organic veggies
> only. But I simply do not have the money to do so.
>
> Kristina

I share the same feelings as Ginny- the real advantages of organic food
is the increase in micronutrients and reduction in chemicals used
during its production.  Meat is the real test: I had some organic lamb
the other day and couldn't believe the taste- not to mention the fact I
know the animal isn't full of hormones and chemicals.  You can see a
similar difference with caught fish compared to farm fish.  I can't
afford much organic food either, but I am happier on my low-cal diet
than stuffing myself on junk.

The other side is that buying organic is two fingers up to the
agricultural industry that sells us the intensively-farmed crap we are
used to.  We can't complain about things we continue to buy.  Who
knows, maybe as organic foods are sold in larger volume, we will start
to get grass-fed meat too.

Ashley