From:
bettymilner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:54:45 -0600
I do cook my meats...steaks are usually prepared very rare (my daughter says
I chase the steak with a match). This article isn't likely to change the
fact that I like to use my gas grill...especially in the warm weather
months. What are your thoughts?

http://snipurl.com/7k3m here is the text of the article:

Health Tip: Eat Grilled Meat Only Occasionally

(HealthDayNews) -- Despite their luscious taste, grilled meats should only
be eaten occasionally, according to the American Institute for Cancer
Research. This is because grilling and other high-heat cooking methods can
produce compounds on meat and fish that are suspected of causing cancer.

There other foods that make great grilling options and don't form the
compounds, says the University of Texas Health Science Center. Vegetables,
such as corn, asparagus, squash, and broccoli, are great on the barbeque, as
are some fruits.

Brush fruit and veggies with a little olive oil and grill them over medium
heat, the institute suggests.

Betty Ann
"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb