From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 22:19:11 +0100
On Jul 02, 2004, at 1:01 am, Kristina Carlton wrote:
> I can definitely relate to the hunger and also the cravings with
> fruit. If I
> eat one peach or one strawberry, I want a ton more.

I have always used the principle that if you crave a specific food,
there must be something in it doing you no good.  I'm not sure if
there's any scientific basis for that outside the obvious (wheat and
milk).  As far as I'm aware, all the nutrients in fruit are equally
available in a variety of veg.  I eat (in different proportions) a lot
of green leaves, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, leeks, parsnips and
swedes, along with nuts and a few eggs.  So I surely can't be missing
out on anything?  My worst craving is for grapes but I've resisted so
far.

> My dilemma with the hunger is that I am craving protein for the most
> part
> and was just told I should probably have no more than up to 2 grams per
> kilogram of body weight. For me that would be 120 grams which is 20 oz
> roughly in one day if my math is right. I crave a lot more than that.
> So
> what do I eat - I love veggies, but don't want that many.

I can eat a lot of meat too.  Although today, I had 4 chicken
drumsticks and a sausage and it lasted me from about 8am to almost 6pm,
with a few nuts as a snack.  I think maybe it was because I was kept
busy- I feel less hungry if I'm focused on something and moving around.