From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 12:02:44 -0600
Wade Reeser wrote:

>I just bought 'The Metabolic Diet' eBook by Mauro DiPasquale
>(www.metabolicdiet.com)
>and will give it a shot in about a month.

After seeing a reference to it on this list, I bought Rob Faigin's
Natural Hormonal
Enhancement book and started the program.  After a week my husband
joined me,
and now my (adult) son and my sister are also using it.  I've lost 18
lbs in 11 weeks,
my husband has lost 25 lbs in 10 weeks.  Both of us have hypoglycemic
tendencies
and this diet prevents all of it.  It's somewhat more restrictive than
DiPasquale, and
Atkins (I don't agree with the notion that you can eat as much high-fat
meat and
dairy, and peculiar soy-based pseudofoods as you like and still lose
weight).

In a nutshell, after an induction week of very low carbs, you have a
fairly low-carb
diet all week, small meals not more than 25 g protein per meal.  If
hungry you can
have extra meals; he recommends 4 or 5 meals a day.  Lots of veggies raw or
cooked, anything but potatoes/sweet potatoes/beets.
Carrots OK (but I use them with discretion).
Small amount of fruit.  Fat content "moderate"; you get to decide what
that is.
(Clever move to avoid the rabid food pyramid nutritionists)

Twice a week, at the evening meal, you "carb-load", eating
low-protein(!) and low-fat(!),
but high carbs; starchy carbs are recommended.  Food that is always
off-limits are the
high-carb high-fat foods: pizza, ice cream, nuts, etc.  Faigin calls
that the conveyor
belt: high carbs raises insulin, insulin runs the high fat into storage.
 The carb-load meal has rules to it; it's not a free-for-all
eat-anything-you-want stuff fest.

Our lipids improved remarkably, to the point that DH's cardiologist
decided he did NOT need Lipitor (Hurray!)

I'm doing this paleo now; paleo fits very well; I try to buy organic
meats and
veggies when possible.  It would be very hard to do as a vegetarian.

You can find out more about this on Faigin's website

http://www.extique.com

    Lynnet