From:
Gerard Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 21:09:48 +0100
I went to the hospital on the 13th May for the results of blood tests
carried out in April. My A1c was described by the Doctor as being excellent;
it was 5. The A1c is a measure AFAIK of your blood glucose average over the
previous two to three months. I was well pleased with this being a Type11
diabetic but I am concerned that my FBS is always high on waking in the
morning; between 6 & 7 mmol/l (approx. 109 to 127 mg/dl).

I'd welcome any ideas as to why this is happening as I'm trying to have my
last meal earlier each evening to see if this helps.
My LDL was high also in the test results although he said that they had been
fine while I was an inpatient at the hospital last December. I should have
told him that I found it hard to locate rubberised scrambled eggs since I
was discharged and had to revert to the real ones.
The normal FBS range for nondiabetics is said to be between 70 and 110 mg/dl
but how do they arrive at these numbers?
Are they calculated by taking averages of people who don't die before the
age of 99 like the Life Assurance companies do and say,"okay folks these are
the figures and if you don't keep within these you're a gonner", or are they
very precise?
Also, do we or could we possibly know what Paleoman's BGs were ? Maybe when
following the Paleo lifestyle ones FBS is different to someone following the
diets of the last few centuries.
Comments....
Gerard