From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 14:14:25 -0400
>> From:    Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
>> Meal frequency is in my opinion a key, almost an undiscovered frontier.
>> Several good studies show the same (or better) anti-aging and
>> protective..
>

> Very intriguing. I'd like to try this "Warrior Diet".
> How does this diet affect borderline diabetics? Does it have the
> same benefits as the paleo-diet?

The eat-once-per-day diet can be paleo or not, the two diets can be done
together. I eat mostly paleo but I do cheat more than I used to when I
ate during the day so I am not as strictly paleo as I once was. For
instance, I usually eat some non-paleo dessert. I never eat pasta or
soda, and although usually I avoid corn and wheat, and beans completely,
I have an occasional high quality pizza for dinner, and do this more
often than I used to when I was just trying to eat paleo.

I never felt the benefits I feel today when I was eating paleo during
the day. There is no comparison. When I ate during the day, paleo helped
me avoid food intolerances and was far better than anything else. It
helped me avoid unpleasent symptoms.

But with the Warrior Diet I feel much better than I ever have. It's a
big plus, not just an avoidance of a negative.

I think this is a wonderful diet for borderline diabetics, although I am
utterly unqualified to make that statement. The rodent studies show that
this controls insulin and blood glucose levels wonderfully, although the
rodents were only allowed to eat every other day and I eat once every day.

I feel no low points during the day. No mood swings. No tiredness. It is
truly amazing. So I think my blood sugar is at very reasonable levels.
Am I right, can I judge by how I feel?

Hofmekler suggests you start by eating later and later, so your body
adjusts. Hofmekler eats "raw" food during the day, a bit of vegetable
juice, a handful of nuts, or a little bit of fruit. I did a bit of that
in the very beginning to help my body adjust but quickly realized I was
better off eating *nothing* except at night. My body adjusted in about a
week, maybe 10 days. I just drink water or tea during the day. After a
heavy workout I may have a piece of fruit and some sardines, but that is
about it, and if I don't eat anything, I'm fine too.

My lifelong allergies are dramatically better, to the point where I am
almost off medication for the first time in my life. I did get
acupuncture that helped a lot, but I also think it is the diet that is
helping. Everyone else is sneezing through spring and I am almost
allergy free most of the time. Is this the acupuncture which helped me a
lot even before this dietary adaptation, or is it diet? I think it's both.

I really think the eat-many-times-per-day dogma is claptrap, at least
for me. As I said, I think that diet frequency is the next frontier in
feeling better.

--Richard