From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:32:28 -0700
--- Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> > I see nothing in the Bible that forbids eating
> meat

Nor I.  However, when the Lord gives instruction for
"when you fast"  it sure sounds as if he expects us to
abstain from meat on occasion.

 or that commands us to
> > eat bread.

Well, the Lord did say: "Take eat; this is my body."

> >It's called The Hallelujah Diet and is based on
> Genesis 1:29
>
> But in Genesis it wasn't a fallen world yet.

Not until the second chapter, at least.  And although
many place the permission to eat meat after the flood,
one could also argue that just as the animals ate each
other after the fall, so did man begin to eat meat.
YMMV

We (that is, traditional Christians who practice
periodic/seasonal fasting) do not consider meat to be
bad, but rather a good thing from which we
periodically abstain in order to control the passsions
and focus more on spiritual growth. And abstaining
from meat is also seen as recreating the diet of
Paradise.

Andrea