From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 08:58:17 -0800
> >  competition for food sources is rarely discussed here and having an
> >  impact on
> > consumption patterns, that I have ever noticed.
> >
> If it's true that in paleolithic the population of the whole earth was
> about 15 million, there should have been little competition.

That's looking at it from the viewpoint that competition for food was only between humans,
which is false.  Paleolithic man competed with other predators for food.

We still do.  Otherwise, why would Alaska have wolf control programs to increase the
numbers of moose for hunters to shoot?

Lisa Sporleder
(recently returned to this list after three years' absence...finally made the leap from lowcarb
to paleo, from research to action, and am feeling much better)