From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:28:33 -0400
william wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 09:12, Todd Moody wrote:
>

>>What published research is there that shows that cooking doesn't make
>>inedible foods edible?
>>

>Depends on the definition.
>No matter how wheat is cooked, it isn't edible. For me. Experience.
>So I can't call it food either.
>"Fodder" fits.

There are plenty of foods that I can't eat, but I'm not megalomaniacal
to suppose that this entails that they are not foods, which would imply
that the definition of food is "whatever Moody can eat."  So it doesn't
depend on the definition, unless you're suggesting that the definition
of food is "edible to william."  But of course, that *isn't* the
definition of food.

Strawberries are food, even though some people can't eat them.  Wheat
(cooked or otherwise prepared) is food, even though you can't eat it.
Millions of others can and do.

Todd Moody