From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:50:46 -0400
"Kirt Nieft" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > each has a certain *stop*, but for me it doesn't occur
> > until I've eaten probably a couple of cups full. Walnuts
> > are my preferred indulgence,
>
> The stop is more pronounced with truly raw nuts--almost
> impossible to find commercially.

You will need to support the claim that we can't find raw
brazil nuts, un-shelled pistachios, walnuts, pecans, sun-
flower seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, and almonds at the
least. A "stop" doesn't necessarily mean we've satisfied
our body's needs. It may only mean we have saturated our
taste buds, filled our stomachs, or gotten bored.

I've eaten up to half a pound of nuts a day, along with
other paleo or raw or low-carb foods, and LOST weight.
So I really don't think it matters if we eat "too much",
unless we eat nuts to the exclusion of meat, eggs, organ
meats, seafood, etc.

-Bruce Kleisner