Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:40:31 -0600

JOhn wrote:
   >I've always wanted to try a boom mounted mic here if I can fit one
   >which I'd doubt, which boom do you have/recommend? I'll probably
   >try a goldline mic by Hial some time down the road though I have no
   >clue when I'll do that, after I get my TS-2000 most likely
   >considering the cost will be high. -----
My Heil for the Icoms fits fine on the regular Atlas stands.  I
haven't tried anything of the regular ham radio manufacturers for boom
stands.

I have owned the heil headset mic for the Icoms with the mini boom off
the headset but find them much too fragile.

I"m not familiar with the GOldline but if it's a standard mic head
with the threaded clip that attaches to the stand you can't go wrong
with ATlas hardware.  Check your local music equipment dealer, but
avoid the cheap knockoffs.

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
almost 50% of those at ground zero on 9/11/01 still have
longterm health problems.  Almost half of those have no health insurance.