Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 02:06:25 -0600

JOhn wrote:
   >No speech for the TM-261A or TM-271A, in fact the 261 I don't think
   >is even PC programmable and I know it doesn't come with the PL tone
   >board installed. -----
MIne has a pl tone board installed from factory.

I don't like the memories and the way you have to set tone on that rig
though, and mine's been flaky right out of the box, when it's too warm
in the van it doesn't transmit at all, and memories you enter don't
get the tone transferred from the vfo, but tone works in vfo.

I've liked the 241 and other Kenwood rigs.  I"m about ready to put a
comspec board in this old Kenwood 211a I've got for use in the shack.
IT'll have to suffice until I've caught up on some business
expenditures and maybe have another steady gig playing somewhere and
can afford a tmv7a.
rEally want the crossband repeat functionality of the 7a so I can be
out and about and use my ht to hit favorite repeaters that are out of
handheld tx range but can be heard.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania