Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Persephone O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 08:33:16 -0500
Hello Erik,

Thank you for the welcome :-)

My headache cleared yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling fine now.

I take some vitamin and mineral supplements already, and eat lots of fresh
seafoods, local veg and a variety of nuts alongside the other Paleofoods,
so I'm guessing that my potassium and magnesium needs are pretty well
covered! I also drink plenty of filtered water, and can't abide tea or
coffee any more.

I'm so lucky to live on this island. People here sell their excess garden
veg and fruits from 'hedge veg' boxes that they put outside their houses
with a jar for the money. It runs on an honesty system. I cycle out every
morning to see the sunrise, and on the way back, I st

op to buy my fresh
foods.

You can even find sporadic little signs up advertising fresh surplus
catches of crabs, lobsters, prawns and all kinds of fish. Everything is
sold from the door, and is far less expensive than in the shops.

Do you live in Scandinavia? I've had some memorable adventures on tall
ships with Norwegians in the past. They ate lots of fish and seemed to be
remarkably fit and healthy compared to the sedentary money-makers who have
colonised my island ;-)

I'm glad to hear that this headache thing is fairly common in the early
days of Paleo-eating, and not symptomatic of anything else.

Slainte,

Persephone

>Hello Persephone and welcome to this list!
>It seems I've written this several times already, but when I first
started and those times that I've gone back on the diet after a prolonged
period of cheating, I get a migraine attack

followed by 1 or 2 days of
lighter headaches. That's it for me, so I really hope yor "brain-fog" is
clearing up now. Just make sure you drink enough, and get enough potassium
and magnesium in your food. You might even want to consider supplementing
those minerals for some time.