From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:10:03 -0800
Chuck Finnigan wrote:
> i'm getting a warning intermittently at boot
>the hardware monitor settings simpy give the CPU
> temp, fan RPM, voltage etc. should i choose the setting to 'ignore' or
> figure there is something wrong? like what?

I would check it out to see if you can determine what may be wrong as
advised by John. It could be a CPU fan problem where the fan may not work
all the time due to age, dust or a frozen bearing. As you know, this is
critical to the life of you system. If the CPU dies, so does the computer.

It has been my experience that I don't ignore subtle warning signs of
pending danger. If you haven't removed the case in years, if you keep the
box on the floor, you may have enough dust inside to inhibit any cooling.

Do yourself a favor and check the BOIS for clues. At this point it's
inexpensive.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers