ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:19:23 -0700
Kathy,

Well, I know you are facing some difficult things there but many are praying
for you so you aren't alone.  My articles on psychologists and psychiatrists
are really no different than why I write about pastors.  I don't mean to
make anybody feel uncomfortable about those things and I completely
understand that you work with what is available.  That is exactly what I
did.  Chris is a lot like I was at his age so I have a great deal of
compassion for him.  Being torn between two things at that age is very
difficult to process at any age.  I am not suggesting that you are making
wrong decisions either.  I could not possibly do that since I don't know all
the facts and besides, I have a daughter who may be going to prison in two
days so I am no example of how to do it right.  I keep praying the Lord will
show me the root cause that got my daughter started on this path because
then, as her father, I can use my authority given to me by God to do
something about it from the root's end.  Concerning the role playing card
game, did I mention that the color black is the power card and that color
gives the player more power and authority?  Interesting.  The only thing I
have that bothers me about psychologists and psychiatrists is the ability to
only assist people in coping rather than setting them free.  Otherwise, I
consider them given to us by God in order to help us with areas we are not
as familiar with as Christians.  We should be but we have let those areas go
because we think they have the answers when it is the Holy Spirit who really
knows the answers.

Phil.