ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:22:39 -0700
Shelly,

I have never written anything about removing a memory and replacing it with
something else because that is not possible.  Intercessory prayer goes to
painful and wounded memories but the Lord only heals the memories.  You keep
your memories for good.  With this form of intercessory prayer, once the
Lord heals the memory, the memory can be returned to, no matter how
traumatic it may have been, and there will literally be no pain, no
woundedness, and no fear or guilt associated with the memory event.
concerning nightmares, they, too, have a root cause.  When the root is
discovered, it can be healed and the nightmares will go away.  Nightmares
are based upon fear and fear is not the will of God for any Christian.
Although I have received healling for PTSD and many other things, I have
never lost a memory.  I can go, in my mind, to every single memory but the
pain is gone and I am no longer afraid of those memories because the pain
has been removed.  I have prayed with rape victoms and sexually abuse
victoms who now can return to that memory any time and feel no guilt or
shame or mental pain or emotional woundedness.  Only God can do something
like that.  the memory and the woundedness in the memory can be healed but
the memory itself cannot ever be removed.

Phil.