ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 11:41:23 -0500
Matt, I have found much error in those shows, too.  So I don't listen to
them anymore.  I'll leave the dramas to Hollywood to entertain
Hollywood.  The best thing to do is to stick to reading the scriptures and
wait on the Holy Spirit to reveal Truth to you.

In His Love,
Helen

At 10:26 AM 1/3/04 -0600, you wrote:
Hi all,
I tell you what, you never can tell when you will run into a perversion or
get misled from the propper path when trying to study the bible.
Terri and I were looking forward to viewing these programs on a and e the
other night concerning the bible.  It is the sort of stuff I have watched
before but not paid much attention too.  It's one of those shows where they
say, what did the bible say about ... and then they start pulling out
scriptures which might pretain.
Then they debate this or that or maybe those...
I am big on genesis, since Jimmy Evans quoted from it a lot when talking of
what god intended marage and relationships to be.
However, they started talking about Adam having a first wife before Eav.
I don't think they gave a reference for this information but in looking on
the net for Adam and this supposed first wife's name, Lilith, I found
reference to a ficticious wife mentioned in the torah.
The scripture they did mention on this show to try and back this up was
genesis 1 27.
this is where it says so got created man and woman.  Their reasoning for
this was because it appears before genesis 2 7 where it is speaking of god
forming man from the dust of the ground.  Of course, woman comes later from
the man's rib.
What they didn't mention on the show was that the first is an account of
what he did in the 6 days of creation and the second is mentioned in a sort
of history of what he had done in those 6 days.
Or that is how I am reading it.
What do you think?
The websight I found on Lilith said that the only mention of Lilith in the
bible was Isaia 34 14 and I looked that up and it made no since to me.
I am still going to read around it and see but at first glance I didn't see
it.
Things like this show on tv cause Terri and I to pull away from the showsand
question what they are talking about and say, no that's not right and
they're just trying to grab people's attention or stir up evil in them.
Well, that's what I think.
Do you folks ever watch this kind of stuff?
As I say, I used to watch it with some interest but now it's starting to
just turn me off.

Matt