ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephanie Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:54:53 +1100
Hi everyone,
First, I want to really thank you all for your prayers and the support... I
haven't written much mainly because frankly I don't seem to have the energy
to reply to anything. It's been extremely hot here, like 40 degrees here
today and pregnancy and hot wether don't mix... Anyway, on to the update,
the news you have all been waiting for.

I went to the hospital for my appointment today. No, there is no baby yet,
but will be definitely Monday if I haven't gone in to labor by then. I must
say that today's visit was one of the most frustrating I'd ever had. We got
a Indian or similar doctor (not disrespects to them) and frankly Stan and I
had a lot of trouble understanding him.

He checked the baby and said that her head hasn't dropped yet. (was hoping
it had, but sometimes it won't until labor). He checked for the heartbeat,
and it took ages for him to find it... had me worried for a moment. Blood
pressure was fine. Then came the interesting bit. I had the internal exam
which was a lot better than I thought it would be, but then the doctor
drops the bomb about me been induced next week... I had no idea they would
do that, was upset that I wasn't told at my last visit. Here's praying that
I go in to labor before Monday, 8 am... I don't want that horrible drip
they use to start contractions if I can get out of it.

So that is all my baby news. I'll be writing again soon if something
happens, or you'll hear the big news late next week.
Steph