Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:16:11 EST
Sharon,

I am fairly sure you have an OEM version of the ASUS SP98-N motherboard in
your 6330 HP Pavilion which features the SiS 5598 chipset.  You can check this
link for a book on upgrading your PC:  http://www.linktionary.com/pavilion/
which could be very helpful if you can find a copy to lookover.

This board's onboard video controller could be conflicting with your new PCI
card.  Usually the HP/Compaq site gives special instructions on the steps
required to install a new video card with onboard video.  You can also try their
site for help.

Finally, I am sure you will get very good advise from many others.  Their are
many updates for your board but I would stay with the Compaq BIOS, SiS has
new 4 in 1 controller and video drivers if you give up on the PCI video card.
The weakest points of your machine besides video is a very slow hard drive,
processor speed and enough ram.

Good luck,
Mike Scott