ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:09:01 -0600
Brad and Everyone,

Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my message. I do know of people in prison who
have given their hearts to Jesus, and they do deserve to live.

Several years before I met Vernon, I tried once to lead a prisoner in
prison to Christ. after several visits to him, almost for a year, He was
very bitter and I told him how important it was to give his heart to Jesus.

This was Kelley Marshall. Do you all remember reading about him in the
early 70's? He was first a bank robber, and then while in prison, he
stabbed a gard 21 times. This was a horrible crime. He was put in a federal
penetentury, and there, him and another friend, you guys, they drank
duplicating fluid, and his friend died, and he went blind.

Later, he was taken to the Oregon State Penetentury, and there he met My
brother, Ron Charpentier who introduced me to him when Ron was in the
Oregon State Penetentury. I tried to help Kelley, but he became so angry, I
couldn't handle his anger. He asked me to stop visiting him, so I did. He
had written me the most horrible letter I had ever received in my life. It
had words in it that we don't use. One of my co-workers at GTE had to read
it to me. I prayed for his salvation. I pray that he did find Jesus.

Like I said, I'm not God, and only God can judge and if a person truly
repents, and gives their heart to Jesus, they do deserve to live.

God Bless all the prisoners that they would give their lives to Jesus and
lead others to Christ.

Lovingly,
Pat Ferguson