ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:00:53 -0600
Brad,

thanks for letting me use the story.  It is a good one.  I only have one
question.  I thought the rule was, whenever using a canoe, everything was to
be tied down, or at least together, those things that float to those things
that won't in case the craft capsizes.  I've never been in a canoe for
fishing, or any other time for that matter, but I had a friend and his dad
who went river canoeing in the Missouri River when I lived in Omaha.  They
were members of the same church I grew up in.  that Sunday, during the youth
group Sunday school meeting, that is, waiting for it to begin, the son told
his story of how they capsized in the river.  Another kid said, did you have
everything tied down to the inside of the canoe so you wouldn't lose
anything?  He said, no, we lost everything.  Fortunately their was a big
river barge nearby and the crew was able to get them and their canoe on
board safely but all gear was lost.  Brad, mark the spot.  Next time, you
and your son can go scuba diving together to retrieve what was lost.

Phil.